VdS Conference – Fire Protection Systems
VdS loss experiences and know-how in the field of loss prevention are reflected in the VdS rules and data sheets. The VdS set of rules fills the gaps in other technical rules or focuses on recently detected risks which are not yet covered in the standards or other technical documentation. International guidelines and standards as well as the globalization of markets have a growing impact on the design of fire extinguishing systems. Speakers from industry and fire protection organizations will present an overview on current technology and developments as well as numerous solutions that are taken from practical experience.
This VdS conference is a forum of information for planners, installers and users of fire extinguishing and fire detection and alarm systems as well as for fire engineers and fire officers in industry, administration and service providing companies, for the loss prevention officers of the insurance industry, fire brigades and authorities, for service providing companies of the facility management sector as well as for all parties dealing with matters of fire protection.
English and Romanian (simultaneous translation)
April 28th, 19.00-22.00 h, the exhibition can be visited during the evening event.
- Presentation ROFMA
- Presentation VdS
- Automatic fire protection systems from the point of view of fire brigades
- Sprinkler systems: new developments in the guidelines VdS CEA 4001 for planning and installation
- Including specific challenges for the protection of storeage and the use of ESFR- sprinklers
- Major fire and reconstruction of a medium-sized sawmill
- Causes and consequences, fire protection concept including sprinkler system, practical experience
- Operational readiness of water extinguishing systems: experiences from third party inspections of sprinkler systems - from the first inspection up to “testing of old sprinkler systems”
- Automatic water extinguishing systems from view of installer: maintenance, typical challenges and problems
- Planning and installation of water mist systems – an overview of the revised VdS 3188 and international water mist regulations
- Water mist extinguishing systems – Application possibilities
- Protection goals and overall concept, challenges posed by
- the architecture and user’s requirements
- Fire testing for validation of a water mist system for this application: test method, fire tests and results
- System realization